|1. Which of the following countries did not have a revolt in the year 1848? a) Germany
b) Spain c) France d) Italy e) Austrian Empire
2. T/F - Revolutions initiated by middle class and nobility started because they were concerned with capitalistic practices.
3. T/F - The revolutions were all successful, giving new hope to the liberals.
4. T/F - The revolutions influenced the course of European government in the long run.
5. Revolution first erupted in January 1848, in which country?
6. The revolutions influenced European government by undermining the concept of _______
and setting a foundation for _______ and ________.
7. The only successful revolution came in which country?
8. The successful revolution in France was under the leadership of...
9. T/F - King Louis Philippe reigned France at the time revolution erupted in France.
10. Name the two things which were established in France after success.
11. T/F - Napolean III became the president of France at the end of 1848.
12. Which one of following monarchies does not coincide with the country?
13. Which one of the following revolutionary leaders does not coincide with the
14. T/F - The revolution among the Milanese against the Austrians was unsuccessful and they were crushed.
15. Which of the following leaders was unsuccessful in creating and independent
16. T/F - Revolution in France sparked interest and revolutions througout Europe.
17. The Austrians were successful in defeating the papal state in July of 1848.
18. Austrians began to demand representative government and were granted universal
manhood suffrage which resulted in the resignation of which leader?
19. Revolutions occured all over Europe. Which of the following pairs of countries were
not involved in revolutions?
20. T/F - Guiseppe Mazzini was elected a leader of the new Roman Republic.
21. T/F - Lajos Kossuth was successful in winning a constitution for Hungary within the Russian Empire.
22. Austrian victory over this country/state put Italy back into their control. a) Hungary b) Germany c) Piedmont d) Sicily e) Russia
23. Riots erupted in which city that forced the Frankfurt Assembly to call for Prussian
and Austrian aid?
SAMPLE ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. The Revolutions of 1848 were successful throughout Europe in terms of new liberal ideas and government. How far do you agree with this statement?
2. Did the temporarily successful Revolution in France sparked a chain reaction throughout Europe?